Navigation: Indian Penal Code> Chapter 6: Of Offences Against The State > IPC Section 121A
IPC Section 121A: Conspiracy To Commit Offences Punishable By Section 121
1 121A. Conspiracy to commit offences punishable by section 121.–Whoever within or without 2 India conspires to commit any of the offences punishable by section 121, 3*** or conspires to overawe, by means of criminal force or the show of criminal force, 4 the Central Government or any 5 State Government 6***, shall be punished with 7imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment of either description which may extend to ten years, 8and shall also be liable to fine.
Explanation.To constitute a conspiracy under this section, it is not necessary that any act or illegal omission shall take place in pursuance thereof.
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 1870, s. 4.
2. The words “British India” have successively been subs. by the A. O. 1948, the A. O. 1950 and Act 3 of 1951, s. 3 and the Sch., to read as above.
3. The words “or to deprive the Queen of the sovereignty of the Provinces or of any part thereof” omitted by the A. O. 1950.
4. Subs. by the A. O. 1937, for “the G. of I, or any l. G”.
5. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for “Provincial”.
6. The words “or the Government of Burma” omitted by the A. O. 1948.
7. Subs. by Act 26 of 1955, s. 117 and the Sch., “for transportation for life or any shorter term” (w.e.f. 1-1-1956).
8. Ins. by Act 16 of 1921, s. 3.
-Text In Indian Penal Code
|Offence||Conspiring to commit certain offences against the State|
|Punishment||Imprisonment for Life or 10 Years + Fine|
|Triable By||Court of Session|
|Offence Compoundable||Offence is NOT Compoundable|